Head of Programmes
First Story | From £30,000 (pro rated to £24,000 for 4 days) | London
First Story is at an exciting and critical point of its development with funding in place to expand and improve the sustainability of our work across the next year. This post plays a crucial strategic role in the organisation, working closely with the Executive Director, Senior Management Team and Board of Trustees to shape the charity as it expands its activities.
As our Head of Programmes you will:
- feed into and implement the long-term programme strategy, targets and work with the Executive Director, Senior Management Team and the Board of Trustees to inform the overall strategic direction of the charity;
- oversee the successful delivery of the First Story creative writing residencies in schools serving low-income communities across the UK;
- oversee the components of the fully programme including events, CPD, publications, summer residential course and evaluation;
- act as one of the key representatives for First Story, maintaining strong national and regional programme partnerships within the literature sector;
- oversee the programme budget and feed into the organisation’s budget-setting and reporting process;
- support on advocacy initiatives including National Writing Day;
- fulfil other responsibilities as outlined in the First Story Accountability and Responsibility Document and contributing to the overall work of the organization as required.
For further information, please download the full job description.
Closing date: 5.00pm on Tuesday 25th April 2017.
Interview date: TBC