Assistant Theatre & Sales Manager
Birmingham Repertory Theatre | Officer 3 Grade - £11.05 per hour | Birmingham
Department: Theatre & Sales Team
Who you report to: Theatre Sales Manager
Who reports to you: Theatre & Sales Assistants
Hours: 20 hours per week (annualised)
Probation Period: 3 months
Holiday entitlement: 20 rising to 25 days + public holidays
Assistant Theatre & Sales Managers work across the Box Office and Theatre Management functions within the Theatre & Sales Team and are responsible for servicing the needs and ensuring the safety of customers and visitors to the building.
The aim of your job is:
To provide excellent customer service to customers and visitors to The REP
To provide timely and efficient information, guidance and advice to visitors and staff
To promote and sell all events, services and activities for The REP and its partners
To develop customer retention, loyalty and frequency
To ensure the safety, comfort and wellbeing of customers and staff at all times
To coordinate and supervise the work of the Theatre & Sales Assistants
To ensure excellent communication between departments and teams
To support strategies to increase income and attendance
To support the organisation in achieving its CRM aims
To deputise for the Theatre Sales & Theatre Operations Managers
What your main duties cover:
- Ensure customers’ requirements are delivered and ensure excellent customer service is maintained at all times.
- Welcome visitors in to the theatre and signpost appropriate areas of the building in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Provide an effective sales and information service to customers, ensuring all queries and feedback are recorded and dealt with appropriately.
- Line management for Theatre & Sales Assistants & Theatre Assistants (FOH) and supervision of the Theatre Assistant (Performance Cleaning), ensuring consistent high standards in service delivery and in use of systems, procedures and protocols.
- Liaise with relevant Library of Birmingham staff as and when necessary and triage general LoB enquiriesminister and develop the sales system, scheduling housekeeping, reports and setting up events and activities as required.
- Recruitment & selection, training and induction of new theatre and sales staff.
- Maximise opportunities to promote and sell all events, services and activities to potential customers.
- Ensure familiarity with all events and activities within the building, including prices, discounts , promotions, memberships and schemes.
- Deliver proactive campaigns for marketing and fundraising where appropriate.
- Reconcile and bank sales receipts; provide appropriate financial, diary and audience reports for other departments as necessary; receive cash deliveries.
- Support the active development of The BOX ticketing agency.
- Supervise The Treats operation during performance.
- Ensure the security and appropriate management of all sales income, including control of cash and reconciliation of banking.
- House-manage performance shifts, ensuring customers and staff comply with the company’s licensing and health and safety policies at all times.
- Ensure consistent and effective communication with the Catering, Technical and Stage Management prior to and during performance sessions.
- Maintain and monitor venue safety and security, taking appropriate action where necessary; undertaking locking-up duties as required.
- Report all reactive maintenance and repair issues through the appropriate systems.
- Support relevant receptions, press & public relations events, parties and other non-performance events where necessary.
- Produce daily performance reports advising on any necessary action required for health & safety, cleaning, building repair or licensing compliance or to improve existing standards of customer service.
- Lead safe evacuation procedures in an emergency situation
- Deputise for Theatre Operations or Theatre Sales Managers in the case of emergencies.
- Liaise with relevant Library of Birmingham staff as and when necessary.
- Support and promote all company policy, with specific attention to Equality & Diversity, Customer Care, Health & Safety and Data Protection.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times with particular regard to the health, safety and welfare of customers, visitors, staff and yourself.
- Support the organisation and its staff through the effective use of the performance management system.
- Any other reasonable duties required to ensure the smooth running of the Theatre & Sales Team.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- CLAIT, ECDL or similar.
- Personal License Holder.
- SIA desirable.
- First Aid and BSL desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Experience in a customer focused environment is essential.
- Ability to manage large groups of people effectively is essential.
- Knowledge of fire evacuation procedures and protocols is essential.
- Ability to use a range of computer applications confidently and accurately is essential.
- Experience of supervising complex teams is desirable.
- Experience of cash handling and reconciliation is desirable.
- An interest and knowledge of the theatre is desirable.
- Positive and helpful attitude.
- Flexibility, dedication and commitment.
- Ability to assess situations and make appropriate decisions.
- Willingness to learn new skills and activities.
- Ability to work and contribute as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Responsible and responsive.
- Understands the importance of good internal and external customer relations.
- An excellent eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- High dress & appearance standards and excellent time keeping.
- Reliable and takes a positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and unsociable hours.
The REP uses a competency framework to describe the abilities and personal attributes that are displayed by people who are successful in this particular position. We use the framework during selection, performance appraisals and change management processes.
- Achieving Results – actively contributes to organisational success at various level
- Safety Orientation – actively considers the safety and wellbeing of self, customers and staff
- Customer Orientation – positively influences customer opinions and behaviours
- Dealing With Difficult Situations – steers people toward a constructive outcome
- Working With Others – brings people together, shares information, builds trus
- Ability To Work On Own Initiative – responds to challenges and takes responsibilit
- Procedural Adherence – supports and develops policies, procedures and systems of work
Sun, 30 Jul 2017